Bush Quotes

Sunday, February 4, 2007

Super Bowl review

I think the last time I cared this little about a Super Bowl was when the Giants played the Ravens a couple years back. I'm happy for Tony Dungy, I think he's a good coach, and a good person, glad we no longer have to hear about Peyton Manning, now he can grace the cover of Madden 2007, and go down to the Madden curse, and everything will be right with the world. I thought it was a pretty terrible game, maybe due to the fact that the Colts had the ball 75% of the time and yet only won by 12. Obviously the weather had an impact, but still that first quarter looked like two high school teams playing.

The beginning show, that Cirque du Soleil monstrosity was awful. Again, looked like high school kids. Painful in every way. I liked Prince at halftime. Thought he was pretty good, of course he's still someone that if I was given a chance to go see in concert, I would definitely go, whereas the Rolling Stones and whomever else they've had over the last couple years, I could care less about.

The commercials sucked. Really, one of the only bright spots I thought was the Snickers commercial with the two guys fixing the car. I laughed. This year just didn't have the excitement surrounding commercials that has been present in recent years, and I haven't seen television for months, so this should have been a big deal. Boring. Anywho, everything will be better next year when the Dolphins are in the Super Bowl. Finally a game that people will care about. Or at least me.

No comments: