Bush Quotes

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Super Bowl

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I want the Colts to win this weekend, and it's for exactly the reason that some sports writers are hoping they lose, so that I don't have to hear anything more about Peyton Manning. All last week, all this week, and all of Sunday leading up to the game is going to be for the most part, devoted to whether Peyton can finally win the big one. No mention of the other great players in the game like Marvin Harrison or Brian Urlacher, or the years they've put into the game and how great it will be for their resume when the Hall of Fame comes calling. No, this one is all about Peyton. So, to finally shut up every sports pundit, hopefully the Colts will win, and they'll tone down the nonsense about him. It's time to focus on the more important issues surrounding the NFL, like are the Dolphins ever going to win a Super Bowl in my lifetime, or what washed up scrub they will pick up to be their starting QB next year (anybody want to take bets on Jeff Garcia?) I hope the commercials are good for this game.

No comments: